Friday, February 17, 2012

Free Coffee


The other day, I went to get coffee with my co-worker.  It's an expensive, almost daily ritual that I began to enjoy since working for the bank.  I never really drank coffee before.  As a child, drinking coffee in the morning was associated with being an adult.  Now that I'm 27, I'm most certainly an adult but I often times don't feel like one.  So I drink coffee in Brentwood in my power suit to make up for it.

Anyway, we first went to Peet's to get my co-worker some oatmeal.  We were standing in line and he points at  me and announces to the baristas that I am going to Starbucks after this.  The music stops and the record scratches. One of the Peet's employees asks me what I drink at Starbucks.  I tell her and she offers to make me a Peet's version on the house.  I take her up on the offer and promise to return if the drink is better.  The music starts up again and all is well.  We leave and head to Starbucks anyway because we needed to pick up a drink for our boss.

We get in line at Starbucks and my crazy co-worker points at me again and announces that I had just gone to Peet's!  The music stops and the record scratches.  He then proceeds to tell the Starbucks baristas that they gave me a free drink in order to convince me to start going there instead.  So they in turn offer us a free drink!  And so we get my boss' drink on the house of Starbucks.  The music starts up again and all is well.

With two free drinks in hand, two adults headed back to the branch.  What a great way to start our day!

2 comments:

  1. i cant believe youre 27 already! god, time flies! pete's coffee is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know! Tell me about it. Can you believe that you met me almost ten years ago?!

    ReplyDelete